Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Perfect End to a Crazy Day

No matter how hectic your day is, good customer service is important. The person at the other end of the phone doesn't want to hear how busy your shop is, they want to know if you can deliver their order on time.

Today was shaping up to be a crazy day with a higher than usual number of orders that needed to be shipped out this afternoon. While we had enough time to accomplish this, there was not much time to spare.On days like these, is when there seems to be a never ending stream of emails and phone calls.

In the midst of the chaos, a frantic father phoned in with an urgent basket order that needed to be delivered today for his daughter's birthday. I paused for a brief moment, looked at the clock, took a deep breath and said " Sure. We can squeeze this in."

Fortunately the basket he chose was a relatively easy gift to assemble. After completing the order and arranging for delivery, we went back to our original job. After making all of our deadlines with time to spare, I was able to email the receipt. A short time later, I received this response:


Bonnie:

I’m sure glad I bumped into your website today.  In a time where customer service sometimes gives way to fast pace I can certainly say that your business “gets it”. I have to admit that I was a bit late in trying to get an order in for a birthday (today) delivery to my daughter but you had the “can do…will do” attitude.  You even called me back to check if she drank coffee, and hearing she did not, substituted something sweet in its place!  To make a great experience better, I have to tell you that I called you at 12:09pm to place the order and my daughter called me at 1:39pm in  tears to thank me for the birthday surprise.

You guys are just great….have a wonderful day and thanks for making it a wonderful day for my daughter.

Scott ...


The best reward for good customer service is a happy client with a well-written endorsement! This is the Holy Grail of  Customer Service and what I live for!

After a quick celebration, it is now time to clean up and go home. Thanks, Scott for making my day!

No comments: